Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Need tips and Advice on becoming a pitcher?

I'm 18. I played wiffle ball with my friend all the time and I'm very nice with pitching.


So I'm going to try baseball for college.


How long will it take to master all these pitches?


My pitch might be 4 seam 2 seam sinker and knuckle


Last im 5'7 weigh about 135.. I can bench 80-100 at least.


How can I get more arm strenghtNeed tips and Advice on becoming a pitcher?
On the four seam and two seam it shouldn't take to long except to get movement on the two seam. you do that by putting pressure on one of the fingers you grip. Remember with movement on pitches its all about grip. Also to get more arm strength you would do some tricep extensions but you really get more velocity from your thighs your butt and your abdomen as you use all those to whip your arm down. So do some exercises to add muscle to those parts of your body and dont worry about your arm as muchNeed tips and Advice on becoming a pitcher?
College Baseball isn't as easy as you might think it is. I know plenty of college players and they have been playing baseball at a high level since they were 10. As a beginner, you need to see a pitching coach. Wiffle ball is A LOT different than baseball. The ball is lighter and the movement is A LOT different. You need to be able to throw different pitches 75-90mph to be a pitcher in college. Also, if you have no experience at pitching or baseball in high school, then it gives your practically no chance.
you can get more arm strength by lifting weights. using medicine balls and things like that. But the most important thing to have when pitching is control. thats the most important not speed.
do one arm push ups 100 at a time. also get a pitching instructor

No comments:

Post a Comment