Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hello fellow poets! So what are some good tips or advice for poems?

what are some good tips or advice on writing poems


is there any good websites


anything is welcome


i'd even really like it if you'd include one of your own poems


:)Hello fellow poets! So what are some good tips or advice for poems?
Firstly, learn the English language. Is there any good websites?


Most people do not benefit from instruction or advice in this regard, they can either write or can't. Poetry cannot be taught.


Your skills can be enhanced though by building a bigger vocabulary and exercising regularly.Hello fellow poets! So what are some good tips or advice for poems?
What i find useful is to create your poems based on your life and your experiences, escpecially when you go through something that really evokes a lot of feelings. Try to take that emotion and channel it into the lines of a poem. Thats what I usually do :) Like last year, I had a HUGE fight with this one girl who I THOUGHT was my friend, but she turne out to be a jerk. Long story lol basicly, she told our principle that my boyfriend was doing all these perverted things which NEVER happened. Throughout the whole episode, I tookeverything that happened and created about 8 poems about different aspects of eall of it- the fight, how i felt about it, why it happened, whose fault it was, whose side i was goinng to belive....everything. Just take things that really make you think or feel and make a poem out of it!











Recently Ive been going through depression, and one night I was feeling really down. I wrote this one poem:





Tears





My life


Once perfect


Is breaking,


Shattering.


I watch,


As each remaining shard


Is scattered


And destroyed


Before my very eyes.





The cruel,


Cold walls


Of depression


Consume me


And I am falling


Falling


Falling


An endless abyss





The violent winds


Of hatred


The soaking rains


Of malice


Storm down upon me.


Frantically


I am searching


For a light


A single Flame


Of hope.





Yet each problem


Thrown against me


Is another boulder


Balanced


On my ever weakening shoulders.


It's this never ceasing


Burden


That drags me deeper


Forcing me further


And further under


Until I will surface


No more.





Is there anyone who hears me?


A single soul


Who chooses


To notice


My desperate cries


For help?


Or am I completely


And utterly


Alone.


Isolated


In my pathetic existence


That even now


Is slowly


Fading


Away.























Hope this helps!
If you can write what you feel, then you're pretty good off. I don't go to any websites, but for inspiration, I just sometimes go for a walk. You can find your best poetry anywhere.


Btw, an example of a poem I wrote:


Night


Darkness is the void,


Stars shine white fire in the black,


The night slowly fades.


Just a short haiku could do the trick.
trust ur mind only poetry is not prose its unique

No comments:

Post a Comment