Tuesday, November 22, 2011

On my way to getting gastric bypass surgery (bariatric) any tips or advice from survivors?

Having my last few nutrician appointments and looking to have my operation date by the new year. Just wondering what kind of experiences others have had with it, pre and post-op.On my way to getting gastric bypass surgery (bariatric) any tips or advice from survivors?
Great ! good luck, and you will love it... I had it 10 months ago, and I am more than happy! My best advice is to be positive and have patience! Also, read my blog at http://www.themorbidme.com there I write about my experience and give out tips and tricks!





Good luck !!!On my way to getting gastric bypass surgery (bariatric) any tips or advice from survivors?
No advice...just wish you luck! That is a huge decision to make, totally life changing. wish you all the best.
Ask the doctor how many patients he/she has lost as result of complications from this surgery. I think you'll be amazed at the number of ';non-survivors';.





I just looked this topic up on Yahoo and I am 100 lbs overweight, am diabetic and had a mild heart attack 1 month ago and I WILL NEVER do this. I'd rather go to my grave early and enjoy life now than to be miserable for the rest of my life with the surger. Remember, you are going to be dead for a long time.
ok that is phrased in a weird way--advice from survivors??
Gastric Bypass Surgery /gastrectomy/stomach stapling /lapband (all types of bariatric surgery) is very safe nowadays.It is very cheap in India.There is one company that is very famous in India that arranges obesity surgery for foreigners in India.They are called the Forerunners Healthcare.I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and about their patient stories.





I have also read that they arrange financing for american and canadian patients as obesity surgery is not covered by insurance.They also have photos pasted of their International patients.You can checkout their website.The cost savings are incredible.As a doctor i personally believe that your obesity surgery can be easily handled in India as the quality of healthcare available here is simply best in the world.The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.





My cousin got her surgery for gastric bypass in India through the forerunners healthcare .She is more than very happy with the results.She has lost 65lbs in 5 months.She just paid 25% of the amount she was quoted in USA and is all praise for this forerunners healthcare company.hope this helps





http://www.forerunnershealthcare.com
Do what they tell you to do and you will be fine. You will be amazed by how small your stomache will be and you will only be able to eat tiny bites.


Good Luck and I will pray for you.


Liz
OH HOW LUCKY U ARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment