Saturday, July 31, 2010

Does anyone have any tips, advice and stories about their baby teething.?

My wife and I are exhuasted. Our baby girl, 5 1/2 months is teething and she is not sleeping well. What did you all do? Did you let her sleep with you to help soothe her? I know some people consider that a sin, but we both work and need sleep. I am looking for some advice and stories.





She is a great little girl usually. Smilling, giggles, but this has changed her, espically at night. She doesn't eat as much, has a runny nose, and just seems out of it.Does anyone have any tips, advice and stories about their baby teething.?
Baby Tylonel and a cold washcloth to chew on. Confort her as much as possible, it is a tough time babies go through.


Sleeping with you ocassionally is fine as long as it does not become a habit because then you will never get her out of your bed.Does anyone have any tips, advice and stories about their baby teething.?
I used to give my children frozen waffles when they were teething. They were'nt as messy as those teething biscuits or graham crackers.


If they were very young i would cut into halves or quarters so they could hold then easily.





Sounds normal %26amp; you will get some sleep eventually.
The Hyland's Teething tablets are really great. A cold metal spoon (I used to keep a glass of them in the fridge) is a soothing relief. And an old remedy that my grandmother, myself, and my daughter all used. Dip your finger in whiskey and rub it on the area where the gum is swollen. But NEVER give a child alcohol to drink. It will ruin his/her liver. Just a drop on the gum is something that will last for hours. Brandy would work too but whiskey is the better pain killer. You would only do this once or twice in a day.





I had the best all around results with Hyland's Teething Tablets. They go under the tongue and melt instantly. They taste like a little drop of sweet milk. You can get them at any natural foods store and they work in just a minute or two. They will also reduce the child's need for comfort. You know, that ';pick me up because I'm cranky'; and then the half a minute later ';ok, now put me down because I can't decide if I want you to hold me or not'; thing they can go through when teething. The teething tablets will also help with acid poo, sniffles, tugging ears, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, and whining which can accompany teething.





My 3 daughters also used Hyland's for the pain of getting in their wisdom teeth as teens/adults.





They are natural, non-narcotic, and homeopathic which has been quite valuable for a plethora of problems with not only infants and children but adults as well. I have used homeopathic remedies for over 35 years with great success from teething, colic, to sniffles, pain, and grief over the death of my mother (Ignatia Amara for grief).
Sounds normal..i let my son sleep with me when he was teething.. try a clod wash clothe. and i also gave my son Hylands teething tablets..there safe for baby's 3 months and older..they worked amazing.. Good luck..wish you the best. You also could try Tylenol and baby orgel..
Hang in there! She sounds like she's a textbook case of teething. I gave my son some pain releiver and Ambisol on his gums right before bed and he slept for the better part of the night.





When she's crying and fussing, just think about the smiles and giggles you have with her when she's happy. The teeth will come in soon and you won't have to worry about it anymore!
well to help her teething don't put orjel cuz it really doesn't help. it slow the tooth from growing thats what my dentist told me. he said to buy her a vibrating toy that she could put in her mouth if not give her a ice pop. that will help it feel better. texture toy are also good.
teething tablets the brand is hylands. they are all natural so you can give them to your baby often. there are teething biscuits that are nice but messy! try different things you will find what works best for your baby. some teeth are more painful then others so it shouldn't always be this hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment