Saturday, July 31, 2010

I have just started salsa dancing lessons and I could do with a few tips any advice.?

I am living in Ireland and I will be going to Cuba in September. My goal is to have the basic salsa steps of and some spanish before I go. I can't wait.I have just started salsa dancing lessons and I could do with a few tips any advice.?
You are already in salsa classes. You're on the right track. Basic step of salsa is easy, you'll get the basic and much more than that by September. Keep it up with classes, and good luck. I assume you have other ways than salsa classes to take care of your Spanish. LOL.I have just started salsa dancing lessons and I could do with a few tips any advice.?
Check out Salsabor Tropical for dance tips and articles on salsa dancing:


http://www.salsabortropical.co…


Lots of articles and dance tips that will help you with your learning at salsabor tropical

Report Abuse



Be afraid, be very afraid!
Oh how fun! I just started Salsa too, and I have a great time if I go with a lot of people! I don't speak any Spanish, but I can tell I will be learning some soon!
Practice makes perfect and the basics are essential if you want to be a good dancer. In addition, my advice is to listen to good salsa music whenever possible. The sooner you get the rhythm in your blood, the sooner it will start showing in your moves on the dance floor. Check out www.imambo.tv for tons of great salsa clips. You have to register to see the video clips, but registration is free. Good luck and have fun!
Ways to learn salsa -


Check www.detroitsalsadanec.com for videos and music.


also much read for beginners - http://www.detroitsalsadance.com/beg_corner/guide.htm . This should help





The first step for “Get Set Go” in enhancing your dance is to take classes or attend special workshops that would help you learn more moves or help you improve your style and technique.





Be your Own Critic


A good way for a person to realize how they look while they are dancing is by looking at themselves (Duh…tough guess, huh). Watch yourself in a mirror or videotape yourself so that you can see what you like or dislike about your salsa dancing and work on it.








Emulate


This is no “Next Gen Technique” we all would have done it or would have to do it at some point of time, watch a dancer that you admire or you consider a very good dancer. Try to pick out his moves and try to emulate. This is an interesting challenge that you throw to your self to make your salsa time even more fun and at the same time you are improving your skills.








Pair Up


Get in touch with another person who has the same passion for salsa as you do and practice wit them.








Home alone


If you can’t find a pair, hey not a problem, you could always practice by yourself in your apartment and don’t forget the shines








Video Lessons


There are a lot of salsa instructional videos out there. Even though I personally would not suggest a beginner with a very basic knowledge of salsa to do this, I would suggest people who have a fair amount of understanding to give it a try. This way you can definitely learn more moves.








Be Yourself


On top of all the steps, style and Music sense that you learn the best thing that would make you an enhanced version of a salsa dancer is to be yourself. Throw in a piece of your own style. Let it be localized Latin, African, Indian or whatever you have.





Also don’t forget the attitude part…You are out there to have a nice time. Have that in mind that your partner is out there for the same reason also. Be nice to them and have a good time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment