Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm going on my first road trip along the east coast, anyone have any good advice or tips?

I plan to travel from maine all the way down to florida. This will be my first road trip, therefore I am a new traveler and I would love to hear some good advice and tips for my trip. Thanks!I'm going on my first road trip along the east coast, anyone have any good advice or tips?
I would suggest doing research before leaving and make a list of the places you would most like to hit up - then map out a general route from point to point on your list. Then check out online communities and ask locals from the areas inbetween to find out the lesser-known, less touristy things that the locals suggest are awesome and worth checking out. That's the best way to get the most out of your trip and see more than just your typical tourist type sights.





Also, be sure to take along a large cooler to save you money on food. That way you can fill it with food %26amp; drinks, and when you run out you can stop at a grocery store to pick up stuff for sandwiches (etc) to save you money instead of eatting out constantly (unless that's a major part of you going on a road trip, depends on your goal).





Then of course have the common sense safety stuff in your car, including a credit card JUST IN CASE!





Your roadtrip sounds like fun!!!!!I'm going on my first road trip along the east coast, anyone have any good advice or tips?
A stop in Charleston, South Carolina and Savannah, Georgia is a must. They are right on the cost, so they are located along the way you are going. Even so, these beautiful, historic cities are worth going out of your way to see. Get a free map around town or at a visitor's center. Park the car and enjoy seeing the city on foot. It's free!
The Florida keys are awesome of you like laid back, diving,fishing etc.
when starting up north be sure to have your sweater and heavy clothing. once you get to the carolinas you will start to feel the warmer weather.
Stop at On the Boarder in South Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment