Thursday, July 29, 2010

Any tips or advice for getting wisdom teeth pulled?

im getting 2 wisdom teeth pulled in the morning. i just need tips or advice!..im wanting to be put to sleep.how does that work? how long does it take for me to fall asleep? and how do they get me back up? im pretty scared. also what kind of pills did they give you for pain afterwards? i barley ever take pills so im afraid a strong pill is going to make me sick.Any tips or advice for getting wisdom teeth pulled?
For me going to sleep was fast. I remember thinking why can't I smell this gas and that's all I remember. The most you'll need for discomfort is like an NSAID--motrin, aspirin, Naproxin, etc. Unless yours are like a couple of mine. The roots were at a right angle into my jawbone! He had to rotate them out. The hole in the jawbone hurt so I got a little stronger med for a few days.





The first 24 hrs after are most important, No warm or hot food or liquids. Don't swish liquids in mouth like rinsing. The blood clot that forms in the hole where tooth was is important to not wash out. If you do, it will be painful for about 10 days.





Don't be afraid to ask all questions you have. They don't mind.Any tips or advice for getting wisdom teeth pulled?
i got all 4 of mine taken out 2 years ago. they put me to sleep- they gave me the meds through an IV and it took me about 90 seconds to fall asleep, its pretty quick. most of the time when people get their wisdom teeth out and are on meds, its like theyre sleepwalking, so make sure someone takes you there because you will be in no way in good enough shape to drive lol. i woke up in my bed at home lol, so as far as i know they dont really bring you back up, you kinda just wake up wheneve ryour body tells you to. i got codein pills to swallow. im a pretty petite person 5'2, 110 lb female, and i took one ever 3-4 hours and was loopy but fine. it depends on your size and the dosage they give you.





make sure you dont drink out of a straw for at least a week, dont eat solid foods before you're ready (frostys from wendys and ice cream will be your new best friends haha), and if you dont feel good, make sure you go and rest





good luck!
As soon as I got stuck in the arm, I was knocked out. Don't be scared! I didn't feel anything during the procedure. They gave me Valium prior to the operation because I felt funny about the I.V., but I believe they gave me Oxycodone after the procedure for the pain... I do know I was taking Ibuprophen a lot, too!!
seriously, he told me to count backwards from 100 and i remember ';100, 99, 98...........'; and I was out lol you don't feel a thing during. and i don't know if they force you to wake up or not...





but the pills do make you pretty sick. I threw up so much but it was because i was trying to take them without food because it hurt to eat. But eat a butt-load of jello and it's all good :]
you're not going to be put to sleep. just some local anaesthetic. it doesn't necessarily hurt...it's uncomfortable.it feels like they're pulling your skeleton. but it doesn't hurt.it's only strange and uncomfortable.
ice afterwards! like your cheeks, or you will end up looking like a chipmunk haha. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment