Sunday, July 25, 2010

What are some good tips and advice in becoming an accounting and soon taking exams in becoming a CPA?

any real life tipsWhat are some good tips and advice in becoming an accounting and soon taking exams in becoming a CPA?
I would take the CPA exam as soon as possible. The closer you take it to your classes, the fresher the information will be in your mind.





Everyone learns differently. For me, I found a review course that was a CD with lots of questions on it (I think it was called micro-mash). I ran the questions, and when I consistantly got a passing score, I took the exam. I passed all 4 sections the first time, and accomplished it in my 6 month testing window.





I have friends from school that did Becker, it cost about 3x what I paid, and some passed, and some didn't.





I would join my state CPA society (they usually have low rates for students) I got a discount on my study course through them that more than paid for my membership.





Many CPA firms will help pay for your studying and taking the CPA exam. That being said, if you have passed the CPA exam, you are that much more employable.





Good luck, and I hope this helps.What are some good tips and advice in becoming an accounting and soon taking exams in becoming a CPA?
I agree with Michael. I have a BS in accounting. Took the exam a couple years after graduation but only passed one part. Never took it again. Never had time to study. Definitely take it as soon as you can and if you don't pass keep taking it until you do. The older you get the more things get in the way of doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment