Monday, August 23, 2010

Am considering a midlife career change - anyone else out there having done so with tips/advice?

I would wait for better economic times to experiment. Recruiters in general are not very open minded with people who are switching careers. They tend to focus on the negative ';Why don't you want to keep doing what you're doing?';. At least when there are more jobs, you get more cracks at it.Am considering a midlife career change - anyone else out there having done so with tips/advice?
I changed careers at age 40 and am glad that I did. I now work at home doing medical transcription. I make great money and have job stability. Before, I was a hairdresser. I did enjoy doing hair but due to health reasons I had to find a job at home. I wasn't expecting to earn as much as I do. I've been pleasantly surprised! : ) Best wishes to you!Am considering a midlife career change - anyone else out there having done so with tips/advice?
Read the book that changed my life. ';What Color is your Parachute'; by Bolles. Make sure you do the exercises in the back.
Yes - research, research, research. And talk to any recruiter or person with a lead.





I went through the same thing about two years ago. Felt unfulfilled working at huge companies (being a mid-sized cog in a big machine).





I THOUGHT I wanted to change careers. I explored many avenues. In reality I just wanted to work for a smaller company.





Good luck!
I did. I used to work oilfield and decided I wanted a change. I wanted a job that paid good, I could dress casual, got treated good, and didn't have to work in a cubicle all day. I went to school for 12 weeks at a vo-tech and came out a truck driver. I drive tanker trucks. The pay is good, no one hassles you, and you can dress casual and don't have a boss hounding you.
I did, I hated my construction job and came across a great work from home business that was for real. I'm doing good and love it.


http://www.FreeInfomercial.com

No comments:

Post a Comment