Thursday, August 19, 2010

I want to start jogging/running. I never have before. Any tips/advice for beginners?

Start out w/ about 3/4 of a mile (you can measure how far that is w/ a car) and add 1/4 of a mile every day, and when you get to about two miles without stopping stay at that distance for a while and then keep working up to greater distances. Drink lots of water and/or Gatorade/Powerade. Never eat candy or chips before running. E-mail me if you have any more questions! Hope this is helpful!I want to start jogging/running. I never have before. Any tips/advice for beginners?
i started out just jogging two blocks.


then when i felt i could, i added another block.


just keep doing that and you'll find its not as hard as you may think.





and make sure you breathe through your nose.


i run out of breathe sooo much faster when i dont.





good luck :)I want to start jogging/running. I never have before. Any tips/advice for beginners?
www.runnersworld.com





This website will tell you EVERYTHING





You can even log your runs and see your progress





Hope this helps





Kel
I would start just running probably twice a day for a short amount of time. I would suggest 3-5 minutes depending on your desire to improve and be a good runner. Every 1-2 weeks I would run for more time and keep adding on time as you go until you are where you want to be.





Hope I helped good luck!


Be sure to drink plenty of water.
Take your time, nothing comes without hard work and dedication. Running isn't for everyone so if you get discouraged, thats completely normal. I feel it can be a great way to relieve the everyday pressures of life and helps keep you fit on so many different levels. I would start out slow, don't push yourself too hard. Maybe at first you find a mile to be hard, eventually that same mile will feel like a breeze. Keep pushing yourself but don't overdo it. Know when your body tells you to stop. Also invest in a good pair of running shoes. I used to run in just any pair of sneakers I has and always had problems with my feet or legs hurting for crazy amounts of time. Since a friend recommended I buy new shoes I have yet to have foot or unexpected leg pain at all. They can make all the difference. My last tip is to not eat before you go running. Give it at least 45 minutes after you eat a meal before you go running. No one is comfortable with a bunch of food jumbling around in their stomachs while they jog. Not fun. I hope these tips helped you some. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment