Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm a Christian Diabetic who wants to go on a fast. Do you have any advice or tips?

I have type 2, insulin resistant diabetes, and I want to fast. I know that I'm supposed to consult with my physician first, and I will. I just wanted to know if anyone here has fasted as a diabetic (Christian preferably), and if you have any advice and/or tips on how you did it safely.I'm a Christian Diabetic who wants to go on a fast. Do you have any advice or tips?
Fasting is not a very good idea. First, it won't help the diabetes, and second, it'll only make you miserable.





I prefer to eat my way out being insulin resistant. That is, if you eat the right foods, your insulin resistance will drop or even vanish. Sounds to good to be true, right? Consider this, my Christian friend... if you ate the foods that God intended for us to eat, you wouldn't have become diabetic. Consider this, as well... once I started eating nothing but natural foods, my blood glucose dropped right along with my insulin resistance... considerably so. Enough to where I could quit taking Metformin last December. Read my profile for lots more.I'm a Christian Diabetic who wants to go on a fast. Do you have any advice or tips?
Do whatever your physician says, there are many factors involved so anyone other than your doctor isn't qualified to give advice.





Also, fasting doesn't have to be from food...you could find something else to abstain from in order to focus on God (i.e. television, internet, etc.)
sorry im muslim but i have a lot of diabetics in my family and when its time for us to fast,they take there pill right before they cant eat anymore.if your gonna go on a full fast,then as soon as you get shaky chew some gum with sugar,if your gonna drink water then make sure you have 8 glasses a day so your not dehydrated and itll keep your sugar low or ok! hope i helped:]
I am a Muslim Type 1 diabetic and I am not allowed to fast at all. Being a Type 2 makes it a bit easier but you really need guidance from your diabetes educator and/or a nutritionist before you attempt to fast.
If you fast, you will crash. Sever hypoglycemia is extremely unpleasant, and probably life-threatening. Perform the works of mercy instead.
I don't think fasting is good for eith type of Diabetic. How long are you fasting for....Check with your doctor before doing this please.

No comments:

Post a Comment