Saturday, August 21, 2010

Are there some fantastic tips/advice/ways to stop biting nails?? I can't stop~!!?

I just can't stop biting my nails!!! My nails are becoming shorter and shorter~! It looks horrible! Anyone have some terrific ways for me to stop biting my nails? Help!!!!Are there some fantastic tips/advice/ways to stop biting nails?? I can't stop~!!?
ok this may help......





how many times to you go to the bathroom a day?


probably at least a couple right?


Do you use a nail brush every time you wash your hands?


Probably not.. most ppl don't!


Think of all the other things you touch in a day without washing your hands and using a nailbrush.... lots of things door knobs, counters etc......





So basically what I'm trying to say your nails are very dirty they trap all the germs and bacteria from your everyday life unless you use a nail brush when washing your hands.... you are putting germs, bacteria from bathrooms etc in your mouth.....


Thinking about it that way is enough to deter me from biting my nails....


If that doesn't work try that ';no bite'; polish.... or get an expensive manicure or even gel nails or something..... it will be hard to bite them then :)Are there some fantastic tips/advice/ways to stop biting nails?? I can't stop~!!?
I had the same problem too.





These are some options:








1. You can start by putting on nail polish.





2. You can wear fake nails.





3. Just stop immediatly!
Put a really awful tasting but non-toxic goop on them, and it might help or you could try hypnotherapy which might work, then again, neither method may help. I'm a nail biter too, and nothing cured me that I ever tried, and I tried all kinds of crap even Acupuncture! It's basically a bad habit you got into in childhood and have reinforced for years and evidence of a type of mild nervous disorder (stress induced), a mild neurosis, and there isn't much that really helps, but I'll be curious to some of the other answers you're sure to get here, some are bound to be infallible ';sure-cures';.
i had the same problem, then i went out and got a really expensive manicure and pedicure, and whenever i thought about chewing them, i didn't because i paid so much for them to be done, i am not lieing, this really helps, so go out and get one!! good luck with this!
I used to bite my nails when I was younger. The way I stopped was by learning to do pretty manicures and keep my nails filed and polished. I liked the way they looked so much that I made myself stop biting them. I've had my nails long and pretty for a very long time now, and I still keep a nice pretty manicure -- my current style is white french tips. I do it myself so I don't spend a bunch of $$ for a professional.
i vote No bite. or paint your nails, and then when you bite them it will taste bad. i used to have that problem, and thats what i did. now i have really long and strong nails.
there is this nail polish that you put on to stop you from biting them.
theres a clear anil polish u can use


once u put ur hands in ur mouth it taste horrible!
what if you just considered all the places your hands are and everything they come in contact with all day. just the thought of all the unsavory bacteria and ';stuff'; that's residing under your nails should be enough to keep you from putting them in your mouth.
Try No Bite. It is like nail polish and is clear and tastes bad so you won't bite. It's worked on me, my brother, and my mom!
Get artificial ones
How to Stop Biting Your Nails





Tape your nails. One way to stop biting your nails is to tape the end of each with Scotch tape. Then when you go to bite your nail, you'll get an unpleasant mouthful of tape.





Apply a cream or lacquer. At your local grocery store or pharmacy you'll be able to find a plethora of nail creams and lacquers. Simply apply them to your nail and you'll get an unpleasant bitter taste each time you try and bite your nails! Brands such as ';Control-It,'; or Orly beauty's ';No Bite'; are such products. But truthfully, there are many on the market that all work well. If it tastes bitter, it should be a deterrent.





Chew gum. Sometimes biting your nails has less to do with the obsession of nail biting and potentially more to do with an oral fixation. Therefore try chewing gum to occupy your mouth. That way if you try and bite your nails, you'll be stuck with sticky fingers.





Wear mittens. If all else fails, wear mittens. It is so ridiculously unpractical and slightly embarrassing in public, that it should help stop that nasty nail biting habit real quick!





This is not a quick fix or miracle cure and YOU are in charge of sticking with the program. You must be 150% determined to do it or it wont work.





Caring for your nails





Purchase a bitter-tasting formula made expressly to stop nail biting. Choose the worst-tasting solution you can find. Wash hands every morning with soap and water and towel dry.


Apply a liberal amount of the solution to the nails, cuticles and surrounding skin. Continue to reapply the solution throughout the day as it wears off.


Reapply the solution at bedtime. Make sure the bitter taste is always present on your nails.





As nails begin to grow, coat them with a polish made for strengthening nails. Get regular manicures to maintain nails.





=)
cheww somme gum. whenever u have an urge to bite, cheww gumm.(and trust me it tastes waaay better that nail)

No comments:

Post a Comment