Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any tips and advice on helping me grow my new cactus?

it is a Mammillaria celsiana. here's a picture! http://i41.tinypic.com/s6831i.jpg





right now it is outside in the shade instead of by the window like it is in the picture.





I was told to water it once a month and keep in in the light but not directly in the sun. I just went outside to check on it and the flower is closed up. is that normal? will it be okay at night? what should the temperature range from?





I'm new at this if you can't tell.Any tips and advice on helping me grow my new cactus?
I'd have it in bright light. And make sure it's not in a cold draft. You can google the name of the cactus for care and get very good information on the care of it. It will bring back several sources that you can search out. That way you may not know exactly which one is right, but you can ';average'; your answers and be pretty close to which will work. But remember, all cactus, except for Christmas cactus grow painfully slowly. But, if you over water the kind you have, it will turn all mushy from the center downward. (been there done that) Don't kill it with kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment