Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm thinking of offering babysitting services? Any tips or advice?

I'm 25 years old and I have a 5 year old entering kindergarten in the fall and I'm excpecting a baby girl around the same time. I'd like to be able to stay home with them and I figured a good way to do that as well as supplement our income would be to babysit. I have lots of experience with children and babies. Not only have I learned a lot being a mother, but I have 6 little brothers and sisters. I just need some tips, ideas, advice on how to go about this. =) Anything would be greatly appreciated!I'm thinking of offering babysitting services? Any tips or advice?
As a SAHM, I am having a hard time starting my own business. I don't need a full time sitter, but maybe some drop in hours/week. Is that something you would consider?? Or would you be more interested in a set schedule/income/hours?? If not, you could market to other SAHM's who just need a few hours a week, possibly in your neighborhood, or in your 5 year old's class. I know that many of my friends would LOVE this kind of service, then your whole day is not tied up, either. Just a thought. Good Luck with everything!! It will work out.I'm thinking of offering babysitting services? Any tips or advice?
don't do it... with a new born and watching other peoples children its different than your own. my mother has run a state licensed out of her home day care for 15 years and she tells me all the time about how caring for other peoples children is not the same as your own.


There is a lot of risk involved and a lot stress and you won't want that with a new born and your 5 year old. as it is your 5 year old is going to get jealous about how much more attention your new baby is going to get... not just because well its a new baby but because it will need more attention. your 5 year old won't understand. I don't think its a good idea for you to do that all... look into an online business maybe doing transcription or something part time.. then you can work in your pajamas... you can take care of your new baby and when you have something that needs to get done during the day... you won't have to worry about having other kids in the house or having to take them with you.
Yea, don't do it. If anything goes wrong, you may be in court or jail. People will do anything to get something for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment