Saturday, August 21, 2010

What are some ways I can save money ? Tips / Advice?

I am expecting my second child soon, and I am married. I want to save money for the baby - expenses, food, clothing.. things of that matter. I also want to put a little money on the side because we are moving soon. Any advice ? or Tips?


No rude replies please.


Thanks in Advance!What are some ways I can save money ? Tips / Advice?
Breastfeed, you'll save a TON of money. Use cloth diapers, reuse baby items from your first child, puree wholesome foods instead of buying prepackaged baby food. Check local resale boutiques for baby's furniture, decorations, toys, clothes, books, etc.What are some ways I can save money ? Tips / Advice?
I love the breast-feeding answer. It is so true about that saving a ton of money! Don't buy too many things in advance of the baby's birth. Since this is your second child, you surely have lots of things to use again. Even if the baby is of the opposite sex, reuse the clothes. An infant won't care what color her sleeper is! Also borrow as much as possible from friends and family. As you know, they only use that adorable swing for a couple of weeks!





For general money-saving, start keeping track of where the money actually goes. Don't guess; review receipts and bills. Right down all your expenses and start keeping track of what you spend every day. You may be shocked to discover how much you spend on take-out or coffee or groceries. Once you know where the money is going, you can make choices about where you want to cut the budget.





Good luck!
here's some things I did.


I paid my bills a month in advance. For example, I would pay the day before it was due, then in 2 days in the new billing cycle, that gave me a whole month of not having to pay the bill. I also took all the diaper coupons I could get and bought in bulk from newborn size to size 2. I bought many boxes of each. and I also bought large amounts of meats like beef, pork and chicken, wherever there was a sale, and seperated them in family size portions, then froze it. also did a lot of saving by buying on craiglist.

No comments:

Post a Comment