Thursday, August 19, 2010

My husband and I are considering starting a christmas tree farm. Any advice or tips out there?

We recentlyurchased a farm, with alot of farmland. We are considering raising christmas trees. Any suggestons would be greatly appreciatedMy husband and I are considering starting a christmas tree farm. Any advice or tips out there?
they require alot of work and along time to grow! best is to go to a current christmas tree farm and ask then for advice!!! you ned to start growingthem alot earlier than this to be ready for christmas!My husband and I are considering starting a christmas tree farm. Any advice or tips out there?
I don't have advice to give on the growing the trees part but I can help you with the marketing/advertising part.





Make it all about family. Have a very family friendly environment like a area for pottying, diapering, and nursing. Free snacks and dranks for the kiddies is also a huge plus to mommys and daddys. I remember going to the christmas tree farm and picking out our tree in summer time, then when we would go pick it up we got a hay ride to our tree and they cut it down in front of us and we took it home. We would also mark it with ornaments that we made in the office at a special station for kids. That was lots of fun and memory's that will stay with me for a life time. Good luck!
have patience. they take years and years to grow big enough to sell as Christmas trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment