Monday, August 23, 2010

For anyone who's taken the Red Cross lifeguarding test, how hard was it? Any specific advice or tips?

I'm ever-so-slightly (5 pounds) overweight. I'm working on swim training to get into shape. I can swim a 300 continuously, but I'm worried about the weight retrieval. For those who have taken it, was it hard? Is there anything I should know? Any advice is great. Thanks!For anyone who's taken the Red Cross lifeguarding test, how hard was it? Any specific advice or tips?
I think you need to swim 450 yds to pass, as well as learning all of the new strokes. You are going to need to increase your training. The hardest thing is going first when retrieving the victim. I went first and the victim suddenly found a lot of energy and struggled a lot. The victim had tired herself out for the people who went later. Moral: don't go first, go last if you can.For anyone who's taken the Red Cross lifeguarding test, how hard was it? Any specific advice or tips?
its not very hard.


for me, i needed to swim a 1000 in 20 minutes (2 minutes per hundred)


tread a 10 pound brick for 2 minutes, and do cpr, and a spinal rescue, deepwater and shallowwater a passive rescue and an active rescue.


you just need to tread.


thats all it is.


the testers usually sont set there standards very high, so almost everyone passes.


you've got nothing to worry.
  • highlight
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment