Thursday, August 19, 2010

Any tips or advice for me for next week?

I'm due friday~ appointment stats are (today) ~ 40% effaced, soft, baby at 2 station, and 1 1/2 cm dilated.





My induction is wednesday or thursday of next week (I was informed today)





~Any advice about inductions? Are they horrible? Are they good? Anything at all?Any tips or advice for me for next week?
I was induced and the only problem is that it makes it very hard to go without pain meds if you were planning on going that route. You will be hooked up to an iv for your entire labor so there isn't much you can do but wait and try to sleep, bring some magazines and ask the nurses for popsicles or water to keep yourself hydrated. I am being induced on the 21st, but my doctor told me today that she thinks I might go into labor tonight or tomorrow since she stripped my membranes today.


Good Luck and enjoy these last few days!Any tips or advice for me for next week?
I wasn't induced, but I can give you advice for leading up to the day.


It's simple. Just relax as much as you can, do things to take your mind off it. Rest, sleep, eat, go on little walks if you want, given the weather is nice :). Prepare things for the hospital trip. Maybe go shopping for things you might want to have there, if you can. If you have a signifacant other who will be there with you, make sure they take care of themselves by eating and resting while they can too.


My husband didn't do any of that, ended up making everything harder because I had to do everything by myself when we got home.
I was induced with my last pregnancy. Let me let you in on a little secret. I was under the impression I was going to be given some medicine and i would deliver. So not the case. So bring stuff to entertain you...ipod,book...Something! What will happen is they will insert this thing in you (i believe its called citradel) Its a medicine that will help your inner walls to thin out to dilate. This has to be left in for 10-12 hours. Then they will remove it and take your vitals and give u pitocen. This is the medicine that will start the contractions. I do recommend that if you are opting for the epidural to make sure ur anesthesiologist is in the hospital. For most women when you get the pitocen everything moves very quickly. I had light contractions for about 3 hours. Then I went from 4 centimeters to 10 centimeters in 45 min. Unfortunately my anesthesiologist wasn't in the hospital and i lost out on my meds. He walked in 3 min after my daughter was out and being cleaned up. I'm not going to lie it hurts. Think about it logically and it just makes sense that it would hurt. However, the pain is brief and u forget all about it when they put that beautiful baby in your arms. In all seriousness you will be hurting for 5 min. It may feel like hours but its only minutes. Congratulations on your new baby!
i was induced on pitocin


it made the contractions sooooooooo intense


thank god i was only on it for an hour or so


i got an epidural so that also helped





with me, i also had my water broken and tht made my labor go fast so maybe you should ask to do that before pitocin. diego couldnt handle pitocin at first and thats why i had my water broken.
Be calm and collected. All they going to do. Is give u some pitocin to make u dilate faster and break the water. That's inducing is bascially. Just pray on it walk a lot and she may comne on her own. Be patient with her. Good luck.
i recommend getting the epidural before its not so bad at all my labor was only 6 hours. but everyone is different so it is all based upon relaxing if you can do it then you should be go to go! good luck and congrats
i was induced with my second and it was no different than with my first. you never know you might go into labor before you are scheduled to be induced.

No comments:

Post a Comment