Monday, August 23, 2010

Any advice or tips on getting teeth whitened by a dentist?

I am thinking of getting my teeth bleached by my dentist, does anyone have any tips or advise?Any advice or tips on getting teeth whitened by a dentist?
I would advise getting your teeth whitened if you really want it. I think it helps with self esteem. I am currently going through the process of having my teeth whitened has well. They are using a process called zoom whitening and it's all done in one afternoon visit. It lasts a lifetime. It is quite expensive ($500.00 probably depending on where you are) and insurance companies will not pay for it. However the end result is well worth the expense.


I hope this helpsAny advice or tips on getting teeth whitened by a dentist?
Hi, I just wanted to comment that, unlike some answerers have stated, enamel does _not_ grow back, and any process that makes it thinner will make your teeth more susceptible to cavities.


Good luck!

Report Abuse



Sorry for the misinformation about regrowing tooth enamel. But from what I have heard from some other people, they told me the enamel does remineralize over a period of time. I'm not sure if this is true or fiction. Perhaps I have been misled. and I didn't mean to wrong author's question.

Report Abuse



My own dentist told me that all whitening techniques are dangerous for your teeth and health. Imagine you ingesting the chemicals that have to be applied. They can lead to heart attacks

Report Abuse



The Zoom process is great and doesn't cause heart attacks nor loss of enamel

Report Abuse



Zoom is great however it does not last a life time as stated above. Drinking tea, coffee and sodas will stain the teeth again over time.

Report Abuse



CHEAPER WAY!! use the crest whitening thing. i did, and it worked great. it only cost me $21. it lasted for 5 months of having white teeth. although i was also using whitening toothpaste and brushing 3 times a day

Report Abuse



Bleaching is great!


My teeth are sparkling


white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report Abuse



Stop!Read this DON'T bleach!!!

Report Abuse



Brite Smile done by a good dentist works great! It's expensive (about $500) but FAST and makes you feel great.
i've used the Colgate brush on paste and i'm tellin ya...it sux!!! u can tell by the price since it's only $11.00...but the Crest strips i bought for $2.00 from a flea market, that's why they were so cheap, but they were like a year past the expiration date and i still used em and they worked a little bit, so i'm sure if ya buy the Crest Premium white strips, they should work way better...i also bought the Crest night effects for the same price and they were past the expiration date as well...but i'm warning ya that the paste started comin off of my teeth at like 5 in the morning and when i'd wake up, it was so nasty i was gagging and then i had to get up and brush my teeth then...it sucked...i'd definitely stick w/ the dentist appt...at home kits suck.
ok i asked my dentist about that and he said tht u really do not want to get ur teeth whitened because there is a something or other running along our teeth that holds them to your gums and when you whiten then you weaken that. ur teeth might fall out. i don't think ur gonna have the same smile on youy avatar. (wait do u even have an avatar?)
The tips means shortcuts and do,not try shortcuts when it comes to health. The colour of teeth going yellow is not only because of yellow deposits and removing these deposits is the only solution. The dental surgeon may tell u about the real cause of change and the need is to act on his advice.
u ve enough advise....i think that s more....go ahead...
bleech
You could always use those whitening strips on the market instead of paying all that money from a dentist. If you want a professional job then, I would go the dentist.
Bleaching not advisable, but can go for polishing..
use whitening toothpast which has flouride. brush twice a day , i dont think visiting a detist is so useful. cleaning teeth often will result in weakening of teeth, but it is neceesary when u have probblems like odour , stain etc
well as long as i know whitenning teeths make your teeth weak..also why whould u want to do that...it's gonna be so obvious that it's not really your teeth...u did ';something'; to it
I want mine whitened by the dentist, but its too expensive, and I don't know if it'll work. I've tried Crest WhiteStrips Premium, and it didn't work at all. I also tried some cheap whitening stuff from Walgreens, which I used once and almost threw up. The solution was chunky and you were supposed to sleep with it on your teeth. My suggustion, get it done by a dentist.
Just make sure you don't have any cavities before whitening your teeth.And if you have fillings on your front teeth they won't get any whiter.
I knew a dental hygenist about a year ago and she told me that the Colgate (I think) brand with the brush on stuff is just as good as going to the dentist...she got discounts on all services and she still preferred Colgate.
don't do it unless u really want to spend that much on it. It costs like 300. I found that using whitening strips at home works almost as well and is way cheaper.
Brush after each meal even if its in the middle of the day public restroom where ever. Have cleaned by dentist ever 6 months and use white strips once a week at home during the evening.





Be sure to floss every night.
my dad is a dentist if you want a good bleach that wont make your teeth sensitve for the rest of your life, get your doctor. The stris will KILL your teeth! It will make them very sensitve to where you could never eat ice cream or soup anymore.
This is my personnel exp. may be when u go to doc. %26amp; during the the teeth whitening process may be some cavities hidden under might open up this will cost a fortune to get it fixed and insurence will not pay that so u better chk ur pocket before u enter doc. clinic
all i can say is that sometimes it dosent work
You can go to Brite Smile. My Bro had his teeth wightened by them and no his teeth are really white and clean.
I spent $300, got them white, then they went back. Save your money. I routinely use Rembrandt rinse, with reasonable results.





Your dentist won't actually do the whitening, you will receive some custom tools to do it yourself.
I started bleaching about 4 years ago; my start up costs were approx $250. Now, I order my whitening gel from a seller on Ebay. If you start with bleach, may sure you get a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. I like the Colgate version. Email me if you want specifics about my Ebay seller.
ITS EASY ,THAT DOZEN HURT .ITS A LASER WHO CLEAN YOUR THEE TS. OR DRINK FIVE BEER'S AND RELAX
I forget what it's called but there is an at home whitening kit that's cheaper and is done the same way with peroxide gel and a lamp. Ask your dentist about it.





If you have caps, crowns,veneers or other artificials whitening will only work on real teeth
cheaper getting one of those self teeth whitening kits
it works. but remember the bleach affects the tooth and it may weaken the tooth. so weigh your options, do you want white teeth or do you want to risk having a weak tooth.
Well Those appointments when you do that with your teeth, are very well your teeth will look nice, but it's a little bit expensive.





A professional and a good dentist will cost you like $250 an appointment, so it's your decision, i would suggested if you smoke, drink and if you have your teeth yellow.
First of all why do you want to bleach your teeth?There are many,many causes of tooth stains. And each whitening treatment will depend greatly on that. Some stains can be simply removed by a routine cleaning from your ddentist and some stains require a much more extensive treatment. A rule of thumb is the less invasive it is,the better for your teeth.The less abrasive the product your using is,the better (if you're planning on using over the counter products) .Trust me,i'm a dentist.If you have any other questions,feel free.
Use whitening strips. They really help me.
I actually talked my dentist into doing it for free, i've been going to him since i was four (now 19) he did it and i love them. Its not only a self asteem boost but other people notice it too.
make a visit to a dentist for scalling, once after that avoid stuff like any means of tobacco, beverages and moreover brush twice that too before going to the bed

No comments:

Post a Comment